In 1968 the German writer Brigitte Reimann moved from the sober new town Hoyerswerda to the friendlier Neubrandenburg with its old gates, churches and the medieval rampart. She had success with her books “Die Frau am Pranger”, “Ankunft im Alltag” and “Die Geschwister”. Now she has worked for several years on her novel “Franziska Linkerhand” which she called her “first and only decent book” and which absolutely had to be finished; just before her move to Neubrandenburg she has been operated on cancer the first time. Until her death in 1973 she lived in Gartenstraße 6 in a small ground floor apartment of an old, small villa with oriel, terrace and romantic garden.
- accommodation office
- counselling and sale of souvenirs
- placing of guided journeys and city tours
- information and brochures about the city and environment
- information and offers for an accessible holiday
- maps for cycling and hiking
- ticketing and many others
Book your journey and your personal adventures with us. We will be happy to advice you!
Monday to Friday: 10:00 – 19:00 Uhr
Saturday: 10:00 – 16:00 Uhr
Please note our special opening times during city-centre events
City of Four Gates on Lake Tollensesee